Thursday, August 03, 2006

Daily Routine

Okay, so I've devised a daily routine of sorts and I hope to be able to follow this from now until the baby come. At that point we'll have to re-evaluate and make a few adjustments. So here it is:

Daily Rountine

7:30 - wake, change clothes
7:45 - grab laundry and head to basement to start a load
7:50 - breakfast, read a psalm or proverbs
8:10 - empty dishwasher, get kids' breakfast
8:20 - wake and feed kids
8:40 everyone upstairs to change, brush teet and make beds
9:00 - morning worship
9:20 - Ashleigh does some math, reading, and writing Madison and Olivia practise alphabet, flash cards etc.
10:00 - chore time!!! Check daily chore list to see what the day's chores are.
11:00 - go for a walk (weather permitting) if not, feel free to use the computer
11:30 - lunch/clean-up
12:00 - Read aloud time from current chapter book
12:30 - crafts, drawing, knitting, sewing etc. (can sometime include baking if desired)
1:30 - snack/tea time
2:00 - girls can watch t.v. mom can use the computer
3:00 - quite time in room - mom can nap!!
4:00 - girls can play outside - weather permitting. Mom start dinner
5:00 dinner and clean up kitchen
6:00 - family time - read, go for a walk, run errands etc.
8:00 - Evening routine, baths, pj's etc.
8:30 - small snack and brush teeth, potty, etc.
9:00 - Maddie and Liv to bed, Ashleigh can read for half-hour. Mom relax have a bath/shower, check email, etc.
10:00 - bedtime

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your routine! My biggest challenge with my schedule is to actually wake up the children in the morning. I always think, I can do one more thing...

When is your little one due?

Anonymous said...

Sorry! I should have looked at your little chart ;-)

Anonymous said...

I like your schedule! I am a at home mom of 6. I found that if I check my email or use the computer during my little breaks it ate up time that I could have been doing something more valuable. Things are no better than they were when the computer was only available to me one time a day after the kids were in bed.
God bless you and your children!

Anonymous said...

You get to sleep until 7:30??? Must be nice.