Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Blessed Assurance

This hymm has been in my mind for the past couple of days now. Here are the lyrics. If you are here reading my blog, I encourage you to really LOOK at the words and think about what they are saying. I promise you will be blessed. :-)

Blessed Assurance
Text: Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915 Music: Phoebe P. Knapp, 1839-1908

Blessèd assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

I don't know if I'm just hormal due to pregnancy and therefore extremely emotional, or if it is that I'm finally realizing the goodness of the Lord...but I'm here at my computer tearing up. Aaah...I'm filled with His goodness, lost in His love. Amen!

4 comments:

Shereen said...

YAY!!! I have been looking for fellow SDA bloggers, and I couldn't seem to find any. I'm so happy to have found you. lol Congrats on the new wee little one being formed. Do you know what you are having? Do you know of any other SDA bloggers? How did you find me? I will definitely be back letter to read your site more, I'm just on my way out to tile our patio. YIKES!! I have lots to do today. Blessings, my hear sister.

Lisa said...

I can remember my mom singing that song while she did dishes. :) I always think of that when I hear it.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful hymn :). I've always loved that one.

Greg said...

I wondered if you had ever heard the band Third Day's rendition of this hymn? It's on the Next Door Savior compilation CD. It's beautiful. Very powerful.