Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Joy of Salvation

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my sould shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he covered me with the robe of righteousness..."
Isaiah 61:10

God's word has been really speaking to me lately. I have been having a grand time in the Bible. The more I read, the more I want to read. He is so faithful to make His word real to me. His word really is life.

I can always tell how much I've been in the Word, by how I'm doing on a day to day basis. If it's been a while since digging in the scriptures, my life shows it. I'm tense, impatient...bearing the fruit of the Spirit are the last things from my mind...

I always, always, always need to make the time for God. It is so worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! I've been reading ten chapters a day (trying to get through the NT in 30 days with Kim from Life in a Shoe at http://inashoe.blogspot.com/ ) as well as some specific study and it is truly like manna to my soul. I feel so "fresh" all day long :).
By the way, I feel really silly but I sent you a couple of emails and my email was acting funny so I'm not sure if you got either of them (blush), if you didn't could you let me know and I'll try again ;)?